Wednesday 24 August 2022

What is contentment?

 Lately I have heard lots of people talking about contentment and it got me thinking.

First I looked it up in the dictionary;


contentment
/kənˈtɛntm(ə)nt/
noun
  1. a state of happiness and satisfaction.

I also searched what the bible says:


Content; Contentment 

CONTENT; CONTENTMENT

kon-tent', kon-tent'-ment (ya`al; arkeo):

To be free from care because of satisfaction with what is already one's own. The Hebrew means simply "to be pleased." The Greek brings out the full force of the word in 1 Timothy 6:8Hebrews 13:5. Contentment (1 Timothy 6:6) is more inward than satisfaction; the former is a habit or permanent state of mind, the latter has to do with some particular occurrence or object.


So then,what is contentment?

The reality is that I think it is different for everyone. We all find  our pleasure and happiness in different things and that is what makes us all different.

For me these 2 pictures sum up being content


.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally found someone to help

 It has been months of searching if not years to get someone to cut some of our trees back but then they just knocked on our door.  Whilst I...